Clare NewtonAssociate Professor in Learning Environments
The University of Melbourne
This workshop emphasises how educators and designers can productively contribute to conceptualizing future learning spaces. Rather than starting from the classroom, the workshop shifts back to first principles acknowledging the expertise of educators. During this workshop the concept of the classroom will be challenged.
Key Learning outcomes:
• Co-design strategies involving education and design expertise
• Getting buy in from staff
• Better appreciation of the role of furniture
• The importance of education leadership in driving change
· Promoting connectivity, interaction and collaboration amongst students, staff and community
· Optimsing a mix of old and new learning spaces for autonomous and personalised learning
· How are educational institutions changing and utilising “everywhere” as the medium for learning?