Allan Kjær AndersenPrincipal
• Allan Kjaer Andersen, principal at Orestad Gymnasium, Copenhagen, Denmark • 63 years old. • MA in Danish language and literature and Master of Public Administration. • From 1975 teacher of Danish language and literature at business schools. • Since 1988 head of several Danish youth education institutions: vocational schools and high schools. • Founder of the Oerestad Gymnasium in 2005, which is one of the most popular gymnasiums in Denmark. Known for the media profile, ICT pedagogy, open learning spaces and innovative and student engaging teaching methods. • Participates in public debate in Denmark on educational topics and is a presenter at Danish and International seminars and conferences. Links: Round trip at Oerestad Gymnasium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiXvQ0QwrTA Interview with Allan Kjaer Andersen: https://hundred.fi/visions/allan-kjaer-andersen/allan-kjaer-andersen Brazilian documentary: Destino: Educação - Escolas Inovadoras | Episódio 04: Ørestad Gymnasium (Dinamarca)
· Redesigning the learning spaces and aligning with modern’s teaching strategies
· Reviewing exiting processes and space design
· Communicating and engaging with students with online curriculum to accelerate learning
· Securing buy-in from stakeholders on executing change
With land crunch and spaces in the city getting more expensive, understand what goes into the planning and design of learning spaces for future use. In constructing and designing effective physical learning environments, educators are working hand in hand with architects and designers for the ideal utilisation blueprint, while exploring customisation and flexibility to accommodate a variety of learning and engagement activities.